GAMMON THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY
Gammon Theological Seminary had its beginning as Gammon School of Theology, first as a department of religion and philosophy at Clark University for the 1869-1870 academic year. In February 1872, Clark Theological Seminary was opened with 26 students.
Gammon Theological Seminary was founded in 1883 by the Methodist Episcopal Church. Gammon is The United Methodist Component of a Consortium of six historical African American theological schools, The Interdenominational Theological Center.