Application deadline: May 31, 2013
In its desire to equip the next generation of highly trained and called leaders for The United Methodist Church, Gammon (the United Methodist Seminary at the Interdenominational Theological Center) is pleased to continue its Merit Scholars Program. Gammon will offer up to 10 full-tuition scholarships to qualified candidates for admission to Gammon/ITC for the fall of 2014.
Merit Scholars will receive the following:
- FULL tuition for the 2013-2014 academic year (approximately $11,500)
- A $1,200 book stipend ($600 each semester)
- 6 tuition free hours for summer school (summer of 2014)
- Subsidized housing in one of our beautifully appointed fully-furnished on campus apartments at a rate of $475/month. In addition to being fully-furnished, all utilities are paid, with the exception of cable and phone.
- A monthly expense stipend to be determined based upon student need
Merit Scholars must meet the following qualifications:
- Have a minimum GPA of at least 3.50 from an accredited college or university
- Be a certified candidate for ministry in The United Methodist Church
- Strong recommendations from local church pastor, campus minister, or leader of other recognized ministry of The United Methodist Church
Merit Scholars will be full-time (a minimum of 12 hours each semester), residential students enrolled in the Master of Divinity degree program.
For additional information about the Merit Scholars Program, including how to apply, please contact the President-Dean’s Office at Gammon Theological Seminary at 404-581-0300 or by emailing email@example.com.